| News | Relocation | Autos | Jobs | Real Estate | Apartments | New Homes | Classifieds |

6th SFS make seatbelts a must

by Staff Sgt. Reginald Henderson
6th Security Forces Squadron

The 6th Security Forces Squadron will be taking an active role in the national Click it or Ticket Mobilization by conducting random seatbelt checkpoints throughout the installation National seat belt use is at an all-time high of 79 percent; however, the remaining 21 percent who don't wear seat belts are disproportionately teens and young men, ages 18-34. Only 69 percent of teens and young adults, ages 16-24, wear a seat belt which continues to lag behind the rest of the population.

During this campaign, officers will intensify enforcement of child passenger safety, seat belt and impaired driving laws by setting up check points and saturation patrols. Drivers failing to restrain themselves and their child passengers will be ticketed according to the law.

High visibility enforcement relies on periods of intense enforcement of seat belt laws coupled with aggressive advertising and media outreach to let people know about the enforcement. For many non-seatbelt users, and especially young people, the threat of a ticket has proven to be a greater inducement to buckle up than the threat of injury or death.

 

BACK TO NEWS PAGE

 


Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service