November is Military Family Month
As part of a national celebration, the month of November has been designated as "Military Family Month." It is a time to demonstrate the support for, and commitment to, the families of military personnel.
With thousands of servicemembers deployed overseas, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan, the recognition of the sacrifice that military families make has never been more important. November is everyone's chance to take the time to recognize the family's role as one of the most important building blocks of the military.
The sacrifices made, strength shown during times of separation and dedication to our country should not go unnoticed. While military men and women support missions around the world, it's their families that keep things running smoothly back home.
As you rush through your busy day, take a minute to recognize the contributions of our husbands, wives, children and parents. Reach out and tell someone just how much they are appreciated. Without their support and dedication the military would not be able to achieve the success it has.
To help honor our MacDill families, the Family Support Center, in conjunction with the Integrated Delivery System, the following activities will be held throughout the month of November.
1) An FSC Open House throughout the month of November will be held to showcase the many agencies who help families. For more information, please contact the FSC at 828-0138.
2) A Town Hall Meeting is scheduled at the Brandon Elks Lodge from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov 1.
3) A baby shower is scheduled for Nov. 15 at the FSC (sponsored by the Girl Scouts).
4) A Family Thanksgiving Dinner will be held Nov. 17 in Brandon (sponsored by Philip Morris).
5) Art and Essay entry forms will be mailed to all families so they can participate directly.
6) Numerous give-aways will be given throughout the month, so make sure you stop by the FSC or keep a look-out for them on the base. (Courtesy of the Family Support Center)